Perched on the cliffs of Sorrento, the Bellevue Syrene was built in 1750 on the ruins of a 2nd Century villa from the Roman empire. The dramatic clifftop position means that the entire property enjoys jaw dropping views over the gulf of Naples.If your relationship is needing some serious CPR or you’re trying to win over that special someone then you have come to the right place….
The rambling terraces, exquisite art collection, Italian chandeliers & charming sense of history will have that old lovin’ feeling keeping you up all night!
Okay lovers, here are my top 5 MUST do’s when visiting the dazzling Bellevue Syrene:
- Visit an authentic pizzeria. The location of the hotel is only a short stroll from the main square of sweet Sorrento which is adorned with boutique shopping and genuine Italian restaurants. With neighboring Naples the capital of Pizza, Sorrento isn’t far behind when it comes to perfecting the slice. Have the concierge book you a table at Acqu’e sal pizzeria for a mouth-watering and authentic pizza experience you won’t soon forget.
- Book a sea view room and request a balcony. Being a private villa, one of the best things about Bellevue Syrene is that each of the 43 rooms are unique. While the property may be ancient, there is nothing ancient about the sexy and flamboyant style of the rooms. The rooms are alive with light and colour and a place where old and new exist harmoniously.
- Spend a day relaxing in the deep blue sea at the hotel’s private beach. Fascinatingly, while at the beach we discovered the remains of ancient Rome by visiting the caves beneath the property. It’s so cool to think that I am enjoying the same splendor that the Romans did Centuries ago.
- Pay a visit to the beautifully appointed Club Lounge. Throughout the day we were delighted to find complimentary snacks and drinks served in the Club lounge. Thoughtfully, the menu changes throughout the day with sweet treats in the morning followed by something salty in the afternoon and aperitifs served in the evening. Albeit complimentary, the offerings were scrumptious & local delicacies were served with perfect detail. I couldn’t get enough of the eggplant parmigiana & the crisp Italian prosecco. Mmmmm.
- Gourmet dining. As I mentioned, ‘romance’ should be this hotel’s middle name. Seriously, ‘Bellevue Romantic Syrene’ should be the name of the hotel! Being a Relais Chateau property we knew we were in for a treat when dining at the property but I wasn’t expecting such a tantalizing sensory experience. The view, the ambience, the service, the wine and my god the food! I think my boyfriend was scared I was going to propose – the scene was that perfect. Seriously though, you can’t miss this dining experience, it is extremely rare that you will enjoy all of these qualities in one restaurant.